Tuesday, December 29, 2015

To San Antonio! And Mom goes home.

We had planned to take Mom and go to San Antonio to visit my sister and her family.  We were having lots of rain and winds again, and were unsure till the last minute if we were going to make the trip.  We decided to go for it with the caveat that if it seemed too bad, we'd turn around and come home.  It seemed to take forever to get out of the metroplex and I was willing to give it up when it looked like this but Rich persevered and we were fine.
We stopped in West and got some of their world famous kolaches for a snack.  Yum!
 Out for Mexican food the first night with my sis and brother in law, some of their kids and grandkids.   It was great seeing everyone and meeting some of the grandkids I hadn't met before!
The rest of the photos I took on my phone and made collages with on Instagram so here's a hodgepodge! Above Top L: my brother in law Alan, his son in law Greg and grandson Aden, Top R: My sister Kathi and her daughter Rachel (married to Greg, mom to Aden), Bottom L: Rachel and Greg's sons Khalil and Abram, middle: Greg, Rich and Mom, Bottom R: My niece Alana, her husband Paul, and Rachel's daughter Rena
Kathi and Khalil, my nephew Eli with HIS nephews Oren, Asher and Alden, Mom with Aden, Khalil, Abram and Asher,  Rachel and Khalil
A crowd on the stairs,  Rachel and Abram, Alden, Alana and Khalil, Mom, Vicki and Alden

The weather was miserable while we were there so we really didn't get out again after the first night. We spent a lot of time at the dining room table talking, laughing and telling stories.  We also played a hilarious game of "heads up."
Clockwise: My niece Jordan, Mom, Kathi and me; Alan and Eli; Rich and my nephew Ryan, Rena, Abram, Ryan and  his wife Vicki
Then it was time for Mom to head back home to New Jersey. She really enjoyed staying with Sarah and Miles and getting to know their kids a little better. We had lots of fun chatting and laughing and playing games with the kids.

 Our cute little Jack!
Christmas tree is up!  Sarah, Mom and me

We're really glad she came down to spend some time with us.  Hopefully we will get to go to New Jersey in the near future!  Love you, Mom!

No comments: