Monday, May 7, 2012

When will it end?!


So we had a couple of sunny, almost warmish days and then this!  I am so OVER winter.  It's May!  I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to face yet another morning covered in white, continuing flurries throughout the day, and the sound of the poor maintenance men's shovels outside the door.  If I think I am fed up, what about them?!

I got up early this morning when Rich went to work, did a few things around the house, and then napped on the couch for a couple of hours, due to 1) not sleeping much last night, 2) being all congested and headachy and 3) general malaise.  I had the weirdest dream that I was sleeping on a plane traveling to Anchorage. In the dream, I woke up with a start to the realization that we were flying very low.  I looked out the window and determined that we were coming in for a landing in downtown Anchorage, which seemed curious and a little confusing. There were people on the streets clearing the way so we could land, which the pilot accomplished with no problem.  I have no idea what this means but at least it ended well and was not even very scary.  :)  Even though we still have several weeks till vacation, it's probably my typical Nervous Nellie lead-up to flying out of here.

Blogger Steve is back, much to his fans' delight.  :)  Check out his blog and the info about The Tutu Project here.   What an idea!  You have to admire a guy who's willing to have himself photographed in a pink tutu to cheer up his wife and to raise money to fight breast cancer. Every time I see something creative like this, I wonder, "why didn't I think of that?"  Not that I really want to have myself photographed in a pink tutu and nothing else, but you'd think I could come up with another idea that would do some good and go somewhere. Apparently not.  Or not yet.  :) But I digress.  Bob Carey did think of it and leaped (or pirouetted) into it body and soul.   Go to Bob's website here, look at the photos, and make a donation--you can buy a print, his self-published book Ballerina, a T-shirt, or send money for the cause.  Here's his Facebook page, too.  Thanks, Steve, for telling us about The Tutu Project and I think you are just the kind of guy who would do the same thing if your lovely wife needed cheering up.  For the record, I think my husband would, too, but I know when he reads this he will really be hoping he never has to prove me right.  :)

No comments: