Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Walking to Work on a Beautiful Day

After all the rain, I was so happy to see the gorgeous sun today. One of the best things about working part time is that I don't have to be anywhere at 8 AM any more. In the past, I never would have considered walking to work because I would have had to get up WAY too early!

I decided it was a perfect day to see how long it would take me to get to my job on the other side of town. With a hat in my bag, my camera in my pocket, and my i-pod playing tunes, I hit the road.

Stopping to take photos and enjoying the sights, my stroll took 45 minutes. No problem!

Rich told me to give him a call if I wanted a ride home, but at 5 PM, it was still very nice outside so I figured I might as well walk home.

It was a little chilly but not bad. I had only been walking about 20 minutes when I saw Rich driving toward me so I hopped in the car despite my good intentions. :)

He made some great 13 bean soup and cornbread for dinner.

We watched "Hell's Kitchen" and now we are going for a hike. :)

9 comments:

Betty said...

Good shots of your town! Think of all the inches you lost walking for 45 minutes..........hmmm?

Cookie Dough said...

Great pics! Where did you hike last night? We just walked in town.

Suzassippi said...

Love the picture of the yellow flowers. I need that one for a framed picture!

bonnie said...

Love the pictures and the soup sounds delicious! I love beans and cornbread! Wish you were here and we could walk together at night! I haven't been very good lately...

Gigi said...

Mom, no inches lost yet but maybe if I keep it up!

Suz, I will send you the photo if I can get my printer to work properly. :) Thanks.

CD, we hiked up that trail behind the Russian Orthodox Cemetery. I don't know if it has a name. Feels like it's going straight up! And really fun trying to come back down without falling. LOL

Bonnie, wish I could be there to walk with you, too. Miss you :)

Lauri said...

Wow, Jane! Beautiful photos...what a novel idea, walking to work! I live exactly 3 miles from work, have I ever walked it??? Ummmm, NO! I'll put that on my list of things to do (that I probably never will LOL)

Cath said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures !!! You (and Lauri) should always walk whenever the weather is that gorgeous. It's gross, icky, hot, humid August on the East Coast weather here. Sooooo jealous !! Enjoy it ladies :)

Gigi said...

Lauri, I know what you mean! I never really considered it before. I would see people walking to the other side and feel sorry for them. haha It was GREAT. I hope to do it more often now that I am not on such a strict schedule.

Cath, I have to admit I love that hot and sticky weather, too, though. When we were down south in June, I was thrilled beyond belief when it was super hot! LOL

Kathi said...

Ditto- everybody! I walked to school once...but carrying 150 narratives home cured me. :) I need to get back to walking, too. We have a lovely park with a nice long trail, and I was walking it regularly until I hurt my foot. Now my foot is fine, but somehow I haven't gotten back to the park...I'm a bum.