Monday, June 11, 2012

Vacation Count Down


This time next week, we will be on flight #3,  LAX to DFW!  I am so excited!  It's been a long winter and I am ready for some hot Texas sun, not to mention lots of time with the girls, guys, and grandkids.  We're in a race against time to see if we can make it to Amarillo before baby Luke decides to make his appearance.  Send up some good vibes that he will wait for Gigi to arrive.  :) 


Meanwhile, my tomatoes are doing great and getting bigger by the day.  However, with just one week to go, I am wondering if any will be ripe before we take off.  I will be sorely disappointed if I have babied them to this point and don't even get to taste one!


My friend Andrea's birthday is the day after mine so Melanie and Sonia fixed an early bday dinner for us last night (mine's the 13th, hers is the 14th). We're missing Tammy, who is off in China with her daughter and the Art Club from school.  Wow, what a great opportunity, huh?  We hope they're having a blast!  Anyway, we had lots of delicious (mostly) healthy food, a bonfire outside (yes, it's June and you can still see snow on the mountains...I know!) and lots of laughs, as always.

 Andrea and Sonia...something must have been really funny!

Jane and Melanie

Lovely flowers from Andrea
 

 Our yard is full of dandelions and bumblebees!  Rich took a bunch of great photos the other night.


I call it "The Pollinator."  :)

No comments: