Saturday, April 28, 2012

I love my little indoor garden

You might remember that a few weeks ago I went to workshop on starting tomato plants in the house.   I brought home two sprouts that had been started by the instructor, and three more containers with little seeds that I laid in the soil all by myself.  Now, in the past, I have been known to have quite the brown thumb or whatever the opposite of a green thumb might be.  People from my former life were known to comment about how consistently I managed to kill plants of all sorts.  One time we were walking through a lawn and garden store and spied a couple of dead plants pushed off into a corner.  A friend had the nerve to point at them and laugh, "Looks like Jane's been here."  Yes, that was mean hilarious.  So imagine my excitement that these little  babies are doing very well and have already been transplanted to larger pots.  The trick will be getting them to actually produce tomatoes when the time comes.

The table holding the aerogarden and other plants was formerly the perch for our photo printer but has now become my little garden spot in the dining room.  The aerogarden was a great investment and contains a huge amount of basil at the moment.   Needless to say, we have fresh basil in just about every supper, and Rich also made a delicious pesto, yet it doesn't seem as if a dent has been made in our supply.

The sun was shining today and most of the snow is melting.  I think spring might have arrived after all. 

No comments: