Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Summer Fog & Pizza Amarillo















Rich here. Well the fog has set in and around the town and mountains as it is wont to do when the wind lets up and summer is here and the temperature rises to a balmy 53 or so. The waters are still and the land and structures are reflected in the open bays around our town and the only motion is an occasional eagle or long-line fishing boat heading for home. A perfect day for pizza.
Kyle gave me some fresh pizza dough that he made with roasted garlic and fresh herbs worked into it and a homemade tomato sauce. I topped it with fontina cheese, yellow pear tomatoes, summer squash, diced Dixie Gold tomato, Sicilian olives and a little parmigiano reggiano and slid it onto the stone in the oven for ten minutes and finished it with leaves of fried sage. Because of its yellow look, I call it Pizza Amarillo. Mmmmm....

2 comments:

Betty said...

my favorite chef......looks mouth-watering and I don't mean the fog!Betty

Sarah Durham said...

I want some....now I am going to have to order a pizza tonight and imagine it is that good. YUM!