Saturday, December 19, 2009

Back to Amarillo and on to Seattle

Just a quick update from the Doubletree in Seattle. I guess hotels are not doing too great right now because we got this really nice room for $45 on priceline. I will say one more time that I LOVE priceline. Well, except for their clause about no refunds if you have to cancel your room. We have probably come out ahead over-all, though, so I won't complain too much.

I have more photos but will have to post them later. We greatly enjoyed our time in Dallas with Sarah, Miles and Elle and exchanged Christmas gifts before we left. We gave Elle a play kitchen and all I can say is that it was a rousing success! Sarah, Miles, Bonnie, David and babies gave me a very sweet necklace with all the grandkids' names engraved on it. What a perfect gift! I love it.

Friday morning we loaded up the rental car and drove the long road back to Amarillo to spend one more night before flying out today. Rich, David, and his cousin Michael went to see the movie "Avatar" on opening night and were all extremely impressed. Bonnie and I just hung out with Emery and chatted while the boys were at the show. Emery has already grown and changed since we last saw her--she's a little more filled out and doesn't look so much like a newborn baby any more. She's almost a month old--how did that happen?

Today my niece Bryana, Seth, and their adorable daughter Lilly drove over from Clovis, NM to visit us and to see Emery. I had not seen them in a very long time and had never met Lilly, even though she will be three years old in a few months. She is a doll and reminded me so much of Bryana when she was little. It was so much fun to catch up with them, even though we had to cut our visit short and rush off to the airport.

We had a pleasant flight out of Amarillo to Denver. Sat around the Denver airport for awhile--had delays because some of the crew were on the East coast and couldn't get in due to weather. Apparently a bunch of different crew members were flown in from elsewhere. We circled Seattle a bit and had a semi-rough landing in the rain. Then it took for-freakin-ever for the hotel shuttle to pick us up. I swear, every other shuttle came by twice before ours arrived. But here we are. The good news is that the Doubletree gives you those nice, warm chocolate chip cookies at check in, and our room is fabulously nice. The bad news is that we have to get up at 5 AM.


Suzassippi said...

Well, I guess you are up by now and heading off to the airport. Safe travels the rest of the way home! It was no fun here sleeping on a regular sized bed with me, Rand, AND Kate--who thought she deserved more than a third of the bed most of the night.

Bubbe said...

Sounds like another great trip! I just saw on your Facebook page that you're stranded in Anchorage. I hope you get out soon and get back home safely. It's always an adventure, huh?! Here's wishing for good Karma!

Gigi said...

Yes, still in Anchorage, may get out on standby today, not sure yet......