Sunday, June 7, 2009

Last minute adventures

When the tide is low, there's a little "island" in the bay in front of our house. Aidan has been wanting to walk out onto it so today we put on our boots and took a splash into the water. Although he has his new X tra Tuffs, he thought he needed the taller bee boots while I wore the whales. I didn't think the water would be too deep, but it ended up being over my knees at one point, which made it pretty high up on Aidan.

This was not the deepest part! Anyway, we had water pouring into our boots, soaking our socks and feet. We made our way out to the island, examined all of the shells and took in the view.

Then we had to slosh back through the water and climb up the rocks to get into our yard.

Aidan likes the buoys he's seen all over Unalaska. We got back to the house and he pulled his boots off with no trouble, but mine were tightly suctioned onto my feet by the water inside them! Imagine the sight of Gigi lying on her back on the living room floor while Aidan pulled with all his might to get the boots off. It was no easy task and took many tries. We were laughing so hard, and soaking wet as the water and sediment ran out of the boots, all over us. We both had to change clothes when I was finally free.

O ur cats, Ajax and K ali, love to get up in our closet and sleep. Aidan saw them earlier today and told me he wanted to try to get up in the closet with them. It's funny the silly things we'll allow our grandchildren to do. Yes, I helped him climb from a chair to the top of Rich's dresser and then into the closet. I could just picture both of us falling to the floor and breaking a bone, or the shelf giving way.

Ajax came over to visit and let Aidan pet him, while the shy Kali stayed in her corner.

Ajax had enough and jumped down. Then came the really fun part of helping Aidan back out of the closet without causing injury to either of us. Luckily, we survived our adventures today.

We're still not really ready to go on our trip but I figure with an evening flight, we can spend some time tomorrow finishing up.

5 comments:

Suzassippi said...

What an incredible day! Although I think Aidan should have taken a picture of Gigi trying to get her boots off. I do have one question though--why didn't you just stand on your head outside and let that water run out of your boots outside? LOL

Cookie Dough said...

CUTE post! I can totally picture you guys doing the boot thing and the closet climbing too. We once had a big closet like that when I was about 12, we snuck up there to play the ancient versions of handheld video games :)
Have a great trip! I hope the weather is good??

alaskagal98 said...

I'm gonna miss seeing all the "Adventures of Aidan" blogs! He sure is a cutie in those boots!!

Betty said...

I love the pictures too. Was just thinking...Aidan could call me "Granny Two" as he has another Granny in TX. Can't wait to see you tomorrow night.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I got to meet Aidan. But, like I said, I feel like I already knew him! The blogs have been great, and I am still laughing about the rolling around, boot pulling fiasco. Sounds like something I would do. And that kind of laughter is the best.