Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday

Aidan has been making great progress on his learning programs. He's already finished with one. I've been impressed with how much he's learned and how it's carrying over to every day life. And he doesn't seem to mind doing them so much any more, despite that look on his face. He's just concentrating. :)

I really have not been sleeping well with Rich gone. Aidan was up late last night again and we chatted in bed for awhile. He went to sleep and I tossed and turned. I finally got back up and read the N ew York Times book reviews on line till 3 AM. Just what I need, more book suggestions! I was still up early this morning and started trying to get the house cleaned up for our house sitters. Later, Aidan and I drove out to the world famous Alaska Ship Supply to do some shopping for presents for him to take home. There he noticed the kids' boots and had to have some X tra Tuffs of his own after all!

We stopped at the WWII V isitor Center and checked out the memorabilia.


BB eware of low flying aircraft!

We did a little more gift shopping and he had to have some "wonder dough" for himself. After stops at the Post O ffice, the library and the hotel to check the mail, we spent the rest of the night at home, cleaning, doing laundry and beginning to pack.

Since we don't know if or when Rich will be able to join us in Jersey, I made reservations for us to ride the Amtrak from N ewark airport to Philadelphia, where my mom and/ or sister in law will pick us up. I think Aidan will love riding the train and I just wasn't up for renting a car and driving after flying for two days and sleeping in the Seattle airport. :)

I don't know what's up with Blogger tonight but it's writing letters over letters and putting in extra spaces but won't let me correct any of it. Either that or it's my computer...who knows...

1 comment:

Suzassippi said...

Sounds like a nice day, and that answers my question of why you are going to Philly from Newark. :) Gotta love the Xtra Tuffs. :)