Monday, October 10, 2011

Making the Rounds, Part Seven: Fun with Elle and Beck

Elle started missing her parents and was sad when they were not there to tuck her into bed at night so we decided to write them a note and post it to Facebook so they could see it. She loved decorating the paper and then greatly cheered up when they called to talk with her. Once she was reassured that they were coming back in a few days, she was really fine the rest of the week. At one point, she said, "I hope my mommy and daddy are having LOTS of fun." Sweet girl!

More swinging outside! The front yard was a lifesaver since I was reluctant to drive anywhere! As the days went by, Beck started looking at me a little curiously when I would get him up from a nap or in the morning, as if to say, "Hey, I am not sure you are really the one I was expecting!" Even though he couldn't talk about it, I would tell him every day that his Mommy and Daddy would be home soon and that they loved and missed him and that everything was okay. I just didn't want him to be worried about what was happening!

As you can see, he was a happy little guy!

Here we are just hanging out in the living room. We read books, worked puzzles, played with Elle's many dolls, and played kids' games on my laptop. Elle loves Sleeping Beauty right now so we had many rounds of acting out the Sleeping Beauty story. :)

Elle was coughing when I got there and Sarah took her to the pediatrician before they left on their trip, only to be told it was just allergies. A few days later, she seemed to be getting worse so she didn't go to preschool on Thursday. Miles' mom picked her up that day so she could spend the night at her other grandparents' house and then brought her back on Friday. I wasn't sure what to do with myself with just Beck for the night!

To be continued....

No comments: