Friday, July 13, 2012

Goodbye to Amarillo Family

Bonnie and I took Emery (and Luke) to a place called Jump 'n Jive, full of inflatables and a definite fun house for the kids.  Bryana and Lilly met us there and the girls had a blast!


Emery was moving too fast for me to get very  many photos!  She loved it and was very independent.

Gigi and Emery
Bryana with Lilly, Emery and Beck

Back at home, Emery wanted to put on a coat after her bath!  Funny girl.  She loves her Daddy, as you can see.

Another day, I met my friend Debbie for lunch.  I've known her since we were both twentysomethings in Waco, many years ago.  I was a social worker at a hospital and she was my field placement student from Baylor. We have managed to stay in touch all this time and try to get together when I come to Amarillo.

Grandpa and Gigi with the kids
With Bonnie and our little sweeties

It's always hard to say goodbye. The positive spin is that we were heading off to see the next set of grandkids.  :)  Since there is no good way to get from Amarillo to Abilene--flights go through Dallas and we couldn't rent a car for a decent price without returning it to Amarillo, which wouldn't work--David was kind enough to drive us to Post, where our friend Jim met us and drove us the rest of the way to Abilene.  Thank goodness for thoughtful and accommodating family and friends!


Bye, bye Amarillo sweeties!  We love you!

No comments: