Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Reuniting with Friends

Besides spending time with my kids and grandkids, one of the best parts of coming back to Texas is seeing some of my dearest friends.  They've been with me through thick and thin and I love them lots!
 Diana, Karen and Ally
 Aidan, me and Sherri
 Ally and Jim
 Susan, Aidan and Sherri
 Diana, Sherri, Jane and Karen
 Susan and her sweet kids
 Kelly with her daughter Audra and sweet grandbaby Blaise.  He's so cute!
Trying to do a group selfie.  No, no we are not very good at it!
 Okay, that's a little better!  Connie, Jane, Kelly and Karen
 Connie and Karen
 Jane and Kelly
Another day, I met my friend Angela for lunch.  Angela was my student when I taught social work classes as an adjunct at Hardin-Simmons U; she went on to be a coworker at West Texas Rehab. We had a nice time catching up about life and work.  We made this sign for our friend Kirk, who'd been another coworker and who was battling cancer at the time.  Unfortunately, he passed away not long after this.  He was only 39 and leaves behind his wife and three small children. So very sad.  We will miss him and his sense of humor, as well as his caring heart.

No comments: