Saturday, March 6, 2010

I Heart a Good Bargain

Miss Emery had a very happy morning. She always wakes up in a good mood and is full of smiles. We love that time of day! Bonnie's dad and his wife were coming to visit this afternoon and I decided to go to the outlet mall to shop so they could have some time together. After a little confusion with my directions and trying to negotiate Bonnie's car with its huge side mirrors that block my view (I decided I am too short to drive a big vehicle), I made it to my destination. First off, a little lunch of fruit and cheese at Starbucks (who knew they had a fruit and cheese plate?) Now, it's not really that I am trying to be oh-so-healthy, but the choices at the food court were somewhat limited and it seemed the most appealing. The warm and sunny day was an added bonus since the stores are all outside. I think I enjoyed walking in the sunshine more than anything else. Finding lots of bargains was next on my plus list. I was surprised that the traffic was not bad and the outlets were not overrun with people. It was a very pleasant afternoon.

Of course, while I was gone, Emery decided to turn over by herself! We have been working with her and knew she was about to do it on her own. The little stinker couldn't wait for me??!! See Bonnie's blog here for a cute video of our girl showing what she's made of. Next, we think she is about ready to laugh out loud. She seems to be right on the verge. I told her she needs to do this at least once before Gigi leaves. In fact, I told her she needed to laugh for ME first and Bonnie took a little offense at that. :)

I don't think there's anything on the agenda tomorrow except another dressing change with a different nurse as our usual nurse is off. We'll see how that goes! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

No comments: