Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Flash! Unalaska


One of the most fun things about "Funalaska" is hosting our weekly community news show on Channel 8 TV. Anyone can come in and get trained to host Flash! Unalaska on Wednesday nights. One person covers "hard" news in the first segment, followed by two people discussing the many local activities and events. Above, Daniel and James get the camera and teleprompter set up.

James counting us down to "on the air."

Judi and I shared hosting duties tonight. Though we used to work together and we participate in lots of the same activities, this was the first time we'd ever done Flash together. We had a great time.

I didn't get a photo of Bryan, our Board Chair, who was on the "switcher." Thanks to all three of the guys and Judi for all of their good work!

If you'd like to join in the fun, give me a call at 581-1888 and we will find a place for you! If TV's not your thing, we have opportunities on the radio, behind the scenes, or at special events.

We're in for another busy weekend with the Convention and Visitors' Bureau wine tasting event on Saturday (with Rich and crew preparing food pairings for the wines) and book club on Sunday night. Speaking of, I need to get back to my book!

4 comments:

Alaska Steve said...

Great job to everyone! We love our Channel 8!

Suzassippi said...

Nice story! :) Who knew life would be so exciting when you packed up and headed north? I'm sorry my class didn't make--it would have been so cool for them to have done something with you on the show. I am going to work on next year, though.

Cookie Dough said...

Great post! I didn't watch last night --sorry!! I was afraid I'd hear my voice talking about the Easter Breakfast. I prefer scripts!!!

Channel and AND KUCB are both wonderful and I love the music Daniel has been playing!!

Kathi said...

It definitely looks like FUN!