Sunday, April 12, 2009

Who knew Bunco was so much fun? A very nice Easter Brunch. And good news for Gigi and Grandpa Rich.

Melanie, aka Cookie Dough, and hostess Erin, with "Unalaska Newbie" Sonia in the background.

I have heard of Bunco for many years and have never played the game. In fact, I don't think I've ever been invited before. Seems like it was a big teacher's game in Texas, not sure if that is common or not. Anyhoo, Erin invited me to be a sub at Saturday night's game and I thought, "why not?" Ended up having a blast with 11 other fun and funny women--I get the feeling that the game is mostly an excuse to get together to talk and laugh, which is fine with me!

Roll those dice, ladies!

I didn't win first place, didn't win second place, didn't win third place, didn't get a prize for LOWEST score, but I DID win the "roll-off" among those of us in the middle (with a 4!) a very cool angel figurine--thanks, Erin!

Rich has been keeping early hours and long hours lately with preparations for special events and Sunday Brunch on Easter is one of the biggest. The restaurant was packed this morning and everyone went away very happy.

Since Rich was going to be working, I invited Regina and Donna to join me for Brunch. Zach took good care of us and kept that iced tea glass filled. :)

Funny how we tend to have more pictures of dessert than anything else!

Jeff and Jack getting ready to cook some omelettes.

Donna and Regina displaying their dessert choices.


After Brunch, I actually caught all three of my girls on the phone and was happy to talk with them, as well as with my Mom. Wishing we could all be together! However, I am very excited to report that Susan and Corey decided they would let Aidan come back with me when I return from Texas in May (I am going for a visit April 28-May 13) and stay with us till we go to Jersey in June! It just made my day! I know we will have so much fun with him and he will love visiting Gigi and Grandpa Rich in Alaska. We will have him for about three weeks here and another week at the Jersey shore before he goes back home to Texas. I hope we will get to have lots of time with all of the grandkids in the upcoming years. Rich reminded me that if we want them to take care of us when we are in our decline, we need to butter them up now. LOL

5 comments:

Suzassippi said...

How exciting for you to have Aidan come to visit! What a great thing for him as well--but I hope you can still keep up with a 6 year old--or is it 5? LOL

Dessert looks great, as usual!

Gigi said...

He just turned 6. Yes, it will be an adventure!

Alena Hope said...

Okay, NOW I'm homesick! Pray for good weather on Thursday so me and SP can get home!

Gigi said...

Allrighty, here's hoping for the best for you two!

Cookie Dough said...

That's great Gigi!! How fun!

Bunko IS an excuse to visit and laugh and eat some treats! It's the perfect game...and if you're totally "not there" like I was this month there are many people to watch out and make sure you move to the right table...geez I was dingy! It was fun having you!!