Monday, February 22, 2010

Emery's Guide to a Successful Hospital Stay

First of all, bring lots of stuff. I was happy my parents decided to bring my "Nap Nanny" this time. It makes sleeping in that big old metal crib a whole lot more comfortable. Also, bring toys. It's easy to get bored. The good toys make noise and are fun to watch. Don't forget lots of snacks. Candy is good (not for me, I can't eat it yet. But I think my parents like it). A big container of water saves on buying drinks. Several changes of clothes should be packed, even for a short stay. I like to spit up. Not just on myself, but also on the person who's holding me. Bring baby clothes and burp rags. Also parent clothes.


During boring periods, my parents make me work on things like holding my head up. Sometimes I don't mind too much, especially if there's nothing else going on. I am getting pretty good at it and it's almost kinda fun sometimes. Not always.


It's good to have a hobby or something. My Gigi is learning to knit. I am not sure what's so interesting about making one stitch over and over and turning it into a long black thing, but she seems happy that she is getting somewhere. Her real hobby is doing stuff on the internet but she is trying to look like she's not addicted to blogging and facebook and emails. (Who's she fooling?)


Even at times when I'm not all that bored, my parents decide that I should work on my tummy AGAIN. I know they think it's for my own good but really, couldn't I just take a nap?


Definitely bring the laptop. Texas Children's Hospital has free wi-fi! Wowie! Mommy, Daddy and Gigi are very excited about this little benefit. They can send emails and check facebook and write on blogs and load up photos for all of you to see. Sometimes they claim they are "working."


If you have to get chemotherapy when you are in the hospital, it really helps if you have Mommy or Daddy to hold you till it's over. Then it's not so bad.

5 comments:

Suzassippi said...

Smart baby. :)

Anonymous said...

Well - what a fresh perspective!

Betty said...

She'll get a kick out of reading that one of these days. So cute! What are you knitting, Gigi?

Kathi said...

Emery should put together a pamphlet for other babies who have to spend time in the hospital!

Gigi said...

LOL

Knitting a scarf, just for practice, really. I want to do something else but need to get it down first!