Sunday, January 31, 2010

Happy Girl

Yesterday Bonnie, David and Emery came to get me, we went to pick up the rental car, and drove out to Katy to Lauren and Dan's. Emery has been happy and interactive all weekend. She is smiling a lot, making little sounds, and staying awake for longer periods of time. It's so much fun to see her cute little smile and to watch her respond to us as we talk to her. We've had her on her tummy and she is working on holding her head up, though she is not too crazy about the position right now. Last night I had Emery on my lap when it was time for her injection. Bonnie asked me to pinch the skin on that sweet baby's leg where she needed to give her the shot. I really thought I was just going to HOLD her, not be an accomplice to the deed. I did not even want to see it, but Bonnie did a good job and it was over in no time. :)

Last night several members of Dan's and Lauren's families came over, bringing enchiladas for dinner, and we all had a lot of fun visiting. Today we had to take David to the airport so he could go back home for the week. I know he was sad to leave and Bonnie was sad to see him go. It won't be for too long since he will return on Thursday to spend the weekend with Bonnie and Emery but I know it will be hard for them to be separated. Right now, the plan is still to return to the Oncology Clinic on Wednesday and Friday.

Since David will be here this weekend, I am taking the opportunity to go back to Dallas for Elle's 2nd birthday party. I can't believe that baby girl is turning 2! Although I am not happy about the reason for my extended stay in Texas, I am glad I am having the chance to see all the kids and grandkids more than usual. Hopefully Susan, Corey and kids will also be able to come to Elle's party so I can see all of them, too.

Bonnie and I played with Emery and relaxed for the rest of the afternoon--we have been pretty lazy, other than baby care, which can take up a lot of time in itself. Bonnie says we need to get into a routine, starting tomorrow! We are hoping for warmer weather so we can go out walking every day, get some exercise, fresh air, and (hopefully) sunshine.

2 comments:

Suzassippi said...

That sounds like a plan! Bonnie always was your organized daughter. :) Happy birthday to Elle and glad you are going to get to go to the party.

Kathi said...

Great that you'll be able to go to Elle's birthday party! Sounds like all is going well, though I know it's hard for David to be away.